The mission of the Greeters’ Ministry is to ensure that every member, visitor and newcomer feels welcome, at ease and comfortable so that they may receive all that God has for them in the worship service. The role is one of service to others and sets the tone of the church for members and visitors.
Requirements for Becoming a Greeter:
- Must be a member of Court Street Baptist Church and have a working knowledge of the building and the history of the church.
- Must attend church regularly and arrive at post by 10:35 a.m. and remain until 11:05 a.m.
- Must be a person willing to extend love to others.
- Greet all worshipers with warmth e.g. a smile, a hug, a friendly handshake or a kind word.
- Express appreciation/joy for their coming to worship with us at CSBC.
- Provide bulletins if needed, the folded pamphlet or the brochure for first-time visitors.
- Answer questions and or provide other information such as locations of the restrooms.
- Remember that you are God’s ambassador of love and kindness.